So we took Mckell in for her 6 month check-up and she is still such a tiny peanut!
weight: 13lbs, 4th percentile
height: 26inches, 58.4 percentile
head circumference: 16.5inches, 35th percentile
The only number I'm a little concerned with is Mckell's weight. At 2 months Mckell was in the 24th%, 4 months 10th%, now 6 months 4th%- should I be concerned? My pediatrician didn't think much of it, but I'm thinking that's not a good sign. For now I'm just going to start feeding her baby food at 3 of the feedings along with breastfeeding- any other suggestions?
On Sunday we stopped at my grandma Jeane's house for a visit and of course she had her famous homemade white chocolate easter eggs ready for us! She is such an amazing woman- love you grandma Jeane!

My perfect easy baby is finally (and I don't mean that in a good tone) turning into a "normal" baby. She is starting to get sassy and tell me her mind. It was pretty cute at first... but not so cute anymore- I'll have to post a video latter to show what I mean. But I know what you're all thinking, I still have no idea what it's like to have a "normal" let alone a "bad"? baby.
6 comments:
Don't worry about her weight. She has a tiny mommy and daddy so she most likely wont get to be 6 feet tall and 250 lbs! Just feed her as much as she'll eat. K used to be a little chubby but now drops weight every time I go in (not fun having a sick/injured child)
Katie has always been small too. My doctor says my baby now is small too (as far as he can tell). Some people just have little kids. I would say enjoy it! Their clothes sure last a lot longer! She is so adorable!
she is tiny! but oh so cute. it's ok to have a little baby. luke still isn't 20 pounds and he is 15 months. kind of sucks because we can't forward face him in the carseat.
she'll be glad she is tiny later in life. i still can't get over her cute little faces. she is a doll!
I love her! I can't wait to squeeze her! Hopefully she'll let me hold her. graham went through the same thing, thankfully he is now over it. Baby food helped fill graham up..not that he needed it. But it can't hurt. She'll be just fine.
P.S....I'm jealous we miss those yummy eggs, just don't leave them in the back of your trunk, that could get messy.
As long as that baby is getting breast milk I say she is fine! She is getting everything she needs from you :), I had a picky eater and it used to freak me out until I realized they really do eat when their hungry and as much as they need.
Post a Comment