Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mckell has discovered her voice.. and I'm not sure I'm completely loving it..

The first video is of Mckell doing this new noise/mouth thing, not really sure what to call it. Kind of funny.
The second video is Mckell's outbursts of yells- very funny at first... not so sure how funny anymore- well, it just makes it hard to study and do homework.

Big thanks to my mom and Courtland's mom for coming down to Provo and helping out these past weeks! It's been kind of crazy around here because Courtland has been flying back and forth from San Jose, California for second round interviews with 3 of the big 4 accounting firms for summer internships. So far he has heard back from PWC and KPMG with offers so it looks like we will be spending part of the summer in California. We haven't decided if Mckell and I will go too because we're assuming it will be a lot easier to find just a room for him to rent vs a whole apartment for all of us (and a lot cheaper)! Summer internships are usually 6-8 weeks. So for the first half of the summer we will be in Knoxville, TN with APX again doing the sumer sales thing and then depending on when the internship is we (or most likely just Courtland- Mckell and I will just go back to Utah) will be in San Jose, California for the rest of the summer. Needless to say it's going to be a crazy summer with lots of packing and moving around and I HATE HATE packing! But I'm so proud of Courtland for getting offers- I have such a smarty for a hubby!
On the downside... I'm really not a big fan of California. Why you ask? I'm not really sure I just have a bad taste about it but it looks like that's where we will be moving once we're both done with school for at least 5 years! BLAH!!! I wish we were staying in Utah forever but I did promise Courtland I would try to be a good sport so any positive things people have to say about San Jose I'm all ears! (Just don't say you'll be close to the beach because that really doesn't entice me much.) But after those 5 years, I'm praying we'll come back to Utah. I really want to raise our family here, it's just not the same anywhere else. (guess I'm a bit bias) But I'm very stubborn and eventually we WILL be living in Utah, for sure at least when Mckell is older and friends become a big part of kids lives.

5 comments:

Jill said...

nicole! you need to branch out. it is so much fun to move away! jake and i would love to move to cali if it weren't so darn expensive. i think jake is actually applying for a residency there. we'll see. i would much rather live in california than the midwest. really, count your blessings.

Carley said...

I'm sorry about all the moving. It can be stressful, but its also fun to get to go new places and meet new people. Try to keep an open mind about moving. You might like it. I never wanted to move out of Utah, but after living outside of Utah for the past 6 years I don't want to move back.

the Rabes said...

How sweet McKell...she is getting big. Well not too big, she is still so tiny. Yea! Well I'm happy about the move to Knoxville. We expect lots of visits. It will be a fun summer. CA might just be what all your dreams are made of, you never know. Stranger things have happened. Good luck!

Jill said...

jake thinks your blog template looks like kidneys with vasculature. i think he is a med student. don't you? who thinks that, really?

Eric and Kathleen said...

Hey!Mckell is so dang cute. Sounds like you guys are as crazy as we are! We have a baby coming in like 3 1/2 months, and we still don't know where we are going to live! AHHHHHH!