Lucy gets high class attention- she has her own heating pad in her bed. Can you say spoiled! I never thought I'd be one of THOSE people. But she's just so dang cute.
So I got some great advice on pottie training and now I'm wondering if anyone knows how to teach better sleeping habits because I don't know how much longer her current habits can last! I try to make her sleep in her bed in her kennel and lock her in so she won't get out. Sometimes she'll stay in there for a little bit- an hour tops- then she starts crying. It wakes me right up, which is weird cause I'm a deep sleeper. I've tried to just ignore it and get through the crying and maybe it'd get better but only last about a half hour before I start going insane and have to get her out. Then she goes running for our bed and starts yelping to come up cause she's too little to get up herself. So I cave and she sleeps with us in our bed (which I probably won't mind later on when she's better trained). Right now she sleeps for a while but around 5 AM she starts licking my face and clawing my hair, making it impossible to sleep and if I try to ignore her... She pees in our bed!!! Gross!!!! So now I'm doing the wash more and getting less sleep, I need some advice! Anyone?
2 comments:
Sounds like good practice for a baby! The crying and sleeping and peeing in your bed. You should have it down! If she already sleeps in your bed, then Im afraid your stuck. My mom let her two full grown 100 lb labs sleep in her bed and now that the only place they will! Good luck with everything! Your dog is adorable
Your puppy is so cute. We have a pup too, and the sleeping arrangements and potty training can be tough. But now Lola loves sleeping in her kennel and goes in our own when she's ready for bed, which is surpisingly before us a lot of the time. Because I was set on her sleeping the the kennel and becuase I didn't want a lot of whining since we're living in a basement and I didn't want our upstairs neighbors to hear her, I read A LOT about it, and we never really had to listen to her whine. For the first while we just left the door open and let her go in and out when she wanted, her kennel needs to be somewhere she goes for comfort. During this time, she slept in a little basket next to her kennel, we would leave treats and her favorite toy in the kennel and when she went in there, we didn't lock her in at first. And when we started to(during the day), we did it gradually, first for 10 min, and then 30 and then she learned that we WOULD let her out so she didn't need to whine. When you do let her out, she needs to be quite too, so she doesn't think it's the whining that's getting her out. This is probably more than you wanted, and I'm such a horrible speller, that I hope you can even read it all!:) Best of luck!
Post a Comment