Well I wanted to shock my parents (as if being pregnant after only being married 8 months wasn't enough) so I cooked up a little scam. I called my brother Blake and got him and his fiance Taryn in on it. The plan was for them to sit us all down for a serious talk after Sunday dinner and say they had an announcement. Then they would tell us that my parents are getting another grandchild and they were going to have to move the wedding up. All went as planned, and after they told us, it went dead silent. My dad just said, "whatever, you guys are lying" and kinda ignored it. But my mom's reaction was the best, she didn't know what to do, say, or how to react. The first thing she says is, "can you pass the jam?" We're all looking around like "what the?" Did she really just say that? It was hilarious. But a few minutes later I announced that Blake and Taryn weren't really pregnant and that I was. Then my parents were really confused and it took some convincing to get them to believe me! Anyway, it was fun and we all had a good laugh!
Blake and Taryn acting sad because they were naughty... not REALLY though
2 comments:
hahaha AWESOME! I love your mom's reaction
hahaha...OMGOSH you little stinkers!!!...LOL! That is funny. Well your mom & dad are THE best parents/grandparents so I'm sure they are thrilled to have another little joyous bundle. I'm sooo totally happy for you.
One BIG advice...MOST definitely MAKE SURE you & Courtland spend LOTS of time together having date nights, cuddling, talking, laughing & just plum hang'n out together cause once the little bundle of joy comes...it is ALL ABOUT the baby :-) You 2 will be such WONDERFUL parents!!!!!
Post a Comment