Jason Courtland Astill
05.01.11
7lbs 5oz
19.5 inches
born at 12:40pm
05.01.11
7lbs 5oz
19.5 inches
born at 12:40pm



So precious, you forget how tiny they are, I just hold him all day long- to the point where Courtland's getting a little worried I'm too attached and obsessed not ever letting anyone else hold him for very long before I have to get him back.



Pre-Labor Happenings:
So we had a busy week packing and cleaning our apartment in Provo. We finished everything Saturday and loaded up a Uhaul to move all our stuff up to Courtland's parent's garage (they're so nice to let us store ALL our stuff there this summer). After my mom and I finished cleaning the apartment we drove back up to Layton and I immediately changed and drove to Riverdale to eat dinner at Texas Roadhouse with my friends. After dinner we went to Ali's house and were just talking forever as we girls do (mean while the whole time Courtland and my dad were calling and texting me to get home, worried I'd over done it that day and I needed my rest). I finally left Ali's house just before midnight and headed to my parent's house (where we're living for a few weeks before we move to Jersey for the summer). I was ordered to go straight to bed without being allowed to shower- I was still gross and greasy from packing and moving because I didn't have time to get ready before meeting my friends for dinner.
Labor beginnings:
At about 12:30am, Mckell woke up crying with a temperature. No surprise, that girl is sick every other week! Courtland snuggled her for the first hour or so and then I took a turn. I got her to sleep about 3:00am and laid back down in bed. I thought I started feeling some contractions and only counted two that were eight minutes apart when...
GUSH!!!! My water definitely broke- and there was a ton of it. I changed my pants four times before I finally gave up on staying dry. I was trying to find my stuff I wanted at the hospital- but because we had just moved up and our stuff was everywhere (I was not prepared at all) I had to give up and just head to the hospital.
I was supposed to be induced the next day (Monday May 2nd) in Provo by my doctor when he was supposed to get back in town. And since he was gone, we just went to McKay Dee Hospital instead.
The Hospital:
We got to the hospital and got all checked in and settled in our delivery room. I wasn't really feeling the contractions at that point and actually asked if I could go back home and get ready- ha! But they of course said no even though I was only dilated to a 1.5. About a hour later I was definitely feeling the contractions (about 2 minutes apart) and asked for my epidural. But they always take forever- next time, I'm getting it first thing! I progressed much faster than with Mckell and was a 10 and ready to push at 10:30. I pushed for about 2 hours and out he came!
I was super exhausted from the week prior and not getting any sleep the night before. I wasn't sure I'd even be able to push him out, I was so tired. But everything went well and he is finally here! We are so happy and just eating him up!






4 comments:
he looks like a little man. i can't wait to see him! i hope you are doing well and that you have been able to sleep. i remember being so tired, more than the first. so fun for you guys!!!
oh how fun! way to go nicole, he is beautiful. & congratulations to the rest of your beautiful family! take as many turns as you want holding him. you've earned it. :)
Congratulations Nicole! Such a fun little family you have...
what a sweetie! i really can't wait to meet him. i hope you guys are doing well and getting a little time to rest.
Post a Comment