That is right! You read it correctly, Jason is now Colter!!
So when we named our sweet baby boy I was stuck on Jason but Courtland really wanted Colter. Well it's been bugging him ever since and so during the blessing he surprised us all and named him
Colter Courtland Astill!
We had joked about it a bit but I didn't think he'd actually do it, well I was wrong because he most certainly did. So from this day on our baby is now Colter! Crazy I know, but that's us! Later Courtland told me how he had been having nightmares about what to name him and when he got up for the blessing he just knew he had to change it so I guess it was meant to be.
We had the blessing up at Courtland's parent's house and it all went perfectly, well except the name change... But I do love the new name and feel really good about it, so no I was not mad at him for doing it. My jaw did drop when I heard him say it and I had a hard time concentrating the rest of the blessing but he did give a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have Colter's sweet spirit in our home and thank everyone for coming and sharing this special and unforgettable day with us!
The sweet little outfit Colter is wearing is what Courtland was blessed in as a baby so it definitely had sentimental value. I thought it was the perfect thing to bless him in and I loved it. I don't know about the bonnet- but Courtland insisted! So Colter was our little quaker baby for the day- haha.
Love my little man!
The men in the blessing: Papa Rabe, Gr Grandpa Rabe, Courtland & Colter, Grandpa Astill, and Uncle Andrew
Astill family
Rabe family
This face cracks me up- guess he didn't love his quaker outfit dad!
My good friend Mallorie stopped by to visit- Thanks Rose! We need to get together more often for sure!
So all of you who have heard those crazy stories of the dad changing the name during the blessing- it does happen... and it of course happened to me! Now I have to find out how to change his name legally...
7 comments:
nicole! i never get around to reading ppl's blogs but did this morning & MY mouth gapped open, i cannot imagine if i were you! good thing you're so easy going. names is one place i would have murdered austin. :) but i will say i adore the new name colter! fits quite well with mckell. anyway just wanted to say wow & it looks like all is going well for you guys! have you decided on a place yet?
i still can't believe he did that. and his little outfit was cute except the bonnet. he is a boy after all. but sweet with so much meaning.
That is super funny. Just in case you didn't know...we live in Virginia now, so if you come back this way we should try to get together sometime.
How cute! I wondered if he would pull that as he blessed him! What a fun story though to tell him when he's older! It was so good to see you! Miss you and hope to see you again soon!
I have never heard of that! Must've been from a higher power eh, lol such cuties!
i am in shock right now. courtland is something else! but if you are happy, i am happy! wish you guys were in utah so seb could play with mckell and colter:)
Haha! That's hilarious! My husband's middle name is Colter and I think it's a GREAT name! Good luck with the legal part of it!
Post a Comment